Buying a home is an exciting but often overwhelming experience, particularly if you are buying your first home. The process involves a lender, pre-approval, identifying wants and needs, viewing properties, preparing an offer, negotiations, inspections, contracts, attorneys, appraisal, title company, contingencies and their elimination, mortgage approval, survey, walk-through, planning the move, the closing and more. Download a diagram of the home buying process.
In our area it takes about 60 days from the time your offer to purchase is accepted until closing day. As an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®), I have the skills it takes to guide you through the process and turn your home buying experience into a HAPPY HOME!
Here are the steps to a new HOME…
- STEP 1: Consult with a lender to assess your credit and finances. It is highly recommended that you get pre-approved by a lender before selecting a home to purchase. This puts you in the driver’s seat. You’ll not only have the comfort of knowing the right price range for your pocketbook, but when you are ready to make an offer on your dream home, you’ll be able to show the seller that you are qualified and ready to buy. To find out more about financing, buyer’s costs to purchase and what you’ll need to make a loan application.
- STEP 2: Meet with me. Contact Bela for a Home Buyer’s Consultation. During the consultation you’ll receive a copy of my Home Buyers Workbook and I will work together with you to:
- Identify your housing wants and needs.
- Enter your home search criteria in the computerized home search program
- Print out the listings for available properties that might meet your needs
- Learn about new listings by Registering with Bela for Daily Email Updates.
- Review the New York State Real Estate Forms.
- STEP 3: View Properties you’ve selected and Find the RIGHT home! Each time out I will provide you with a Buyer’s Tour Book complete with data about each property we view, map and a property comparison sheet.
- STEP 4: Write, Present and Negotiate an offer to ACCEPTANCE. View the Purchase Offer form.
- STEP 5: Perform the Home Inspection.
- STEP 6: Make your official Mortgage Application.
- STEP 7: Hire an Attorney / Sign Contracts
- STEP 8: Appraisal, Title Work, Behind the Scenes Work
- STEP 9: File Cleared to Close and Final Walk Through
- STEP 10: CLOSING AND MOVE
I will be with you all the way HOME! I have a list of highly regarded lenders, inspectors and attorneys I can recommend to you. I consider them part of my team. It is important to me that you feel cared for and that the process is clear to you each step of the way. I will guide you with information about the area, evaluation of the properties you are considering, structuring the offer to purchase and negotiation strategies. Your wants and needs will be most important to me. You will receive exceptional service and skilled representation. View testimonials from other buyers I have served.